Tuesday 31 January 2012

























After consulting the top down view of the Casa Batllo and its blueprints, along with my key selection of assets I decided to take a more liberal approach and choose sections of the building which I found interesting and considered manageable throughout the course of the project. Looking at my reference, I fell in love with the imagery, particularly this staircase;





















And because of this, I decided to make it a key focal point of my level, due to its intricate and complex nature I will dedicate a lot of time towards perfecting this section of the level. Another reason for this decision was to add the sentiment of verticality and exposure. The player would begin on a lower level, in a reasonably small room, to then travel up the stairs and along a tight corridor, revealing blemishes of light, eventually reaching the  main viewing room, with its bright stained glass windows and vista of the Barcelona district. The idea is to develop a small, yet highly developed level which conveys a beautiful narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment